Skip to main content

Jan 6, 2024 update.

 Originally posted on social media Jan 6, 2024.

"Long over due updated. On the 7th week anniversary of the Whipple Surgery I finally got to walk out the door of Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary. I can't say enough about the wonderful amazing AHS staff that took care of me. The health care workers are the best people we have, they take care of us when we need them the most. Thank a health care worker you know or see for me❤️❤️❤️

I am still dealing with a stubborn infection of the Incision, and have a another drain that needs care. Home care is taking over my care now. Today I felt OK, so figured I could go to the store to get my prescription filled. It took everything I had just to walk across the store. By the time I got to the pharmacy I was done. I had to take some extra strength advil off the shelf as I waited. I realized I hadn't taken any pain meds for well over 9 hrs. Thankfully a good friend, Kevin, was there to help me. I know I have to lean on family and friends more now than ever. Thank you for all the positive vibes and help my good friends, there are so many of you in my life I love you all

Lessons are still being learned, just because I am out of the hospital doesn't mean the recovery is over, it's really just starting I think."
 
Jan 05, 2024.

 
Jan 05, 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 23, 2024 up date.

 Originally posted on social media June 23, 2024. "UPDATE: June 24, the fistula scab fell off this morning, revealing what looks like a fully healed wound site. I am so excited, it's been something I have dreamed about for over 6 months I will still go for the CT scan, as the incision site is deformed with a depression or "valley" where the fistula was. ORIGINAL POST: I had a follow up last week with the surgeon, I was asking why it's taking so long for the fistula to heal. The fistula hasn't out put anything since Apr 2 (84 days to the date of this post), and the last CT scan was done on Apr 17. He showed on the CT scan what the fistula and pocket under it looked like over 2 months ago. I guess it explains some of the reason why it's taking so long to fully heal. I have a follow up CT scan in 2 weeks and hope it shows the healing is progressing. I was given the okay to try fluids by mouth last week, that seemed to go well. Nervously I have moved on to ...

What's it like Volunteering on a trail day.

 I decided to try and retire this year, not sure financially this was a good decision, but mental and physical I know I have to try and I know it will help keep me healthy. If I stay healhty and active I will stay out of the hospital I hope. A trail day is helping repair and maintain a multi use ( horse back, hiking, running and mountain biking) network of trails. I live in a beautiful part of the world, the foot hills of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. There are several networks of trails and trail associations here, we are very lucky. I think my favorite trails to work on are the old classic trails in Kananaskis Country . Most of these trails haven't seen any attention in many years, so they are over grown and eroded. The trails are often in a remote wilderness area, so getting to them can often be an adventure, we hike, bike and use e bikes to get to locations. You have to be prepared to be there for several hours, with enough food, water and extra layers in case the weather chan...

Sept 8, 2024 update.

 Originally posted on social media Sept 8, 2024. "I got to visit another one of my "Happy Places" . It maybe my favorite of all the places that I was dreaming of visiting again after the Whipple Surgery. I also hit the 800km mark on the ebike that was gifted to me by family and friends to help get me back on the trails. I received the ebike on May 24th, I still remember the first time a saw the bike and sat on it. It made my day, it has made my summer. A big thank you for the bike that has made it possible to visit my Happy Places. 🙂 Recovery is a balance between the physical and mental healing. Getting to do something you love, seeing places that hold a special place in your life, helps with the healing. 🙏 I love the people, bikes, and the places in my life. Cheers."