Skip to main content

Aug 17, 2024 update.

 Originally posted to social media Aug 17, 2024.

"9 month Whippleversary, living Day by Day. Things have been going surprisingly good, I had no idea things would go like this. Eating 7 or 8 small meals / snacks a day, blood work looks good, but need to put on 10 or 12lbs. Energy is fluctuating, and strength is still low. Sense of humor is healthy, positive attitude is strong, and desire for adventures is increasing. 😜

Only taking 2 prescriptions, Viokace ( Pancreatic Enzymes) and Pantoprazole (Proton Pump Inhibitor) , reduces stomach acid so the acid doesn't damage the updated digestive tract. No daily pain or nasuea medication. 👍

Slowly feeling like I am getting my life back and adjusting to the "new normal". At times I forget what happened the last 9 months, and get a slap in the face reminder when I over do things. I still struggle with some tenderness, numbness, and  occasional sharp pain around the old fistula site. They tell me this area is still healing and recovering.🙏

I have no idea how the future will turn out. Best to live the life you want, live in the now, and enjoy every thing you get to experience.
Feeling thankful for how things are going right now, and need to pay back the Universe for my good fortune."


 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamins, minerals and energy.

 UPDATED Mar, 2026. Happy to say blood work looks great, Ferritin, Iron, Vit D and Vit A are all back up into the normal range. I had been living a very active life since I was in my late 30’s. I started road biking , and then mountain biking and loved it. Mountain biking became my to go to exercise, and I loved peddling up the longest hills I could find . I took part in many races, single and multi day events, never really too win but to see what I was capable of doing, to see new wilderness areas and meet good people. Living with  Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) gave me a reason to take care of myself and keep pushing myself, I figured if I was able to ride a bike as much as I did there wasn’t anything wrong with me. In July 2023 polyps in my duodenum started to show signs  of change, and a large flat adenoma was un able to be removed, so I decided to have the Whipple Surgery in Nov 2023. The surgery went okay, biopsies of the large adenoma showed high gr...

Nov 17, 2024 update, 1 year Whipple Surgery anniversary, or " Whippleversary".

 Originally post on social media Nov 17, 2024. Nov 17, 2024 marks the 1 year Whipple Surgery anniversary, or " Whippleversary", as it's known as. I feel fortunate, and thankful to be able to share how it is now after a full year. I feel like one of the very lucky ones so far. I am still struggling with my strength, fitness, and can't use my core like I use to yet, but that hopefully will improve. Eating is going well, but sticking to the same medication, diet, and small more frequent snacks/meals 9 or 10 times a day. I have to watch my iron (Ferritin), and vitamin D intake, those started to change in the last blood work. The mental healing, and change caught me off guard. I go from feeling, guilty, glad, sad, and mad(at myself) all in one day. It's so confusing, and frustrating to experience the mixed feelings, but it's part of the healing they say. There are times anxiety, and a touch of depression hit me, and I feel over whelmed with simple th...

Nov 18, 2023 update.

  Originally post on Facebook and Instagram, an updated after the first night post Whipple Surgery , Nov 18, 2023. "The day started a little rough. The epidural had a problem controlling the pain in one spot. Things are better now and they even had me out of bed. I was feeling weak but glad to be up even for a short time. Small victories eh. Hope" Nov 18, 2023. Nov 18, 2023, proud to be standing. Nov 18, 2023 updated after the 1st night post Whipple.